Sunday, January 3, 2010

3/365 I will give you all my worship


                                                   3/365 Church Steeple, originally uploaded by 1randomgirl.
I've decided that Sundays will be days where I will photograph churches and steeples. You know, Charlotte is known to be the "City of Churches" and with that fact I'm sure to find 51 more churches to photograph. I have quite a few on my mind and I actually had a hard time choosing which one to photograph first! My son, Michael, gently reminded me that I had 51 more Sundays to go and to choose ONE today not TWO, THREE or FOUR. I chose First Baptist Church of Matthews. I posted the churches steeple on the flickr project because you can only post 1 picture a day but here's another picture

On another note, today I picked up a can of paint to paint Maddie's room. The days of the little girl decorated room is now over and she's moving onto something a little bit more tweenie/teenie/mature???? Here are some of the colors that she had to choose from.


                         
She had a hard time deciding but finally picked one after hours of pondering. Yes, she takes after me. You know that phrase "like mother, like daughter". The color will be revealed after the room is done. Thankfully, my dad is still around and will be helping me with this project. Besides painting the room, we also have to paint the bookshelf, curtain rods, buy fabric and make curtains. I will of course, post it as soon as we are finished! You know, I was suppose to get this done on this two week holiday break and it's the Eve of going back to work. Aaauuugggghhhhh! My stay-cation is over and the routine and busyness of life begins again starting in oh, about 12 hours!


I will leave ya'll with this scripture taken from todays message.

Psalm 42
As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
3 My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"
4 These things I remember
as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go with the multitude,
leading the procession to the house of God,
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving
among the festive throng.
5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and 6 my God.
My [c] soul is downcast within me;
therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
7 Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.
8 By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.
9 I say to God my Rock,
"Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?"
10 My bones suffer mortal agony
as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"
11 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Good night!

No comments: