Monday, December 14, 2009

Celebrating Me!

After you get past a certain age...

*cough*...*cough*... you start forgetting how old you are :-). I had to think about it for a while...hummm...was I 40? 41?  Nope, I turned 42 this year! Believe it or not, it's true!

The celebration started last Thursday, 62 hours before my birthday!  My girlfriends at work surprised me by singing "Happy Birthday" to me along with a bouquet of flowers and a few of my favorite things which they didn't even know were my favorite.




fast forward 62 hours later...My birthday day!  I woke up to breakfast in bed made by the hubby.  The kids had a late night the night before so they did not wake up in time to help him fix breakfast. 



He made me homemade "eggs and bacon" in toasted Thomas' English muffins!  It was deelish!  Of course, and a cup of coffee to go with that! My day cannot get started without that cup of joe :-).

We then headed off to worship and after that we headed to New Zealands Cafe for lunch for some amazing sushi.  I know, I know, I don't get it either.  Why would they serve sushi at a place called New Zealands Cafe?  I don't know but it doesn't matter because their sushi is the bomb!


Now doesn't that look absolutely, mouth watering, delicious?  At first, I thought OMG, we're not going to finish all of this sushi.  Mind you, we had another plate of sushi on the side because it didn't fit in the boat.  Well, it didn't take us long but we finished it all up!


This is Michael's bento box.  Tonkatsu with brown rice, shrimp, and pork bbq skewer.

We shopped afterwards for a while at Ross and Hancock Fabrics then went home to chill before heading off to lifegroup.

At lifegroup, I had another surprise!  A birthday cake and icecream dropped off by Nelson the day before. 



I had a wonderful and special few days of celebrating!  Very blessed to have such sweet people to share my life with!



"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
Psalm 118:24

No comments: