Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday Find

For quite some time now I have been wanting to upgrade from a point and shoot camera to a DSLR!  I love capturing moments through pictures and I take lots of pics, however, not necessarily professional photography quality.  My interest peaked even more into getting a DSLR when I was watching one of my daughters soccer games and he was showing me all the pictures he was taking of the girls playing and they were so cool!  His pictures compared to my point and shoot casio were 100 times better than mine and since then I have been wanting to get one of my own.  So, Black Friday rolls around and I just happened to stumble upon this deal in the Costco ad.


However, after seeking some advice from a photographer friend of mine, she gave me a tip and told me to check Wolf's Camera because when you purchase a camera through they throw in their photography classes for FREE!  Now, that's what I'm talking about.  So, I headed to the nearest Wolf's camera armed with my Costco ad and checked to see if they had the same deal going on.  Unfortunantly, they did not, but the manager was very willing to give me the same deal plus the $200.00 worth of classes which I could not have gotten through Costco. So, I convinced myself it was worth the investment...made the plunge...and bought the camera!

*gulp*...yes, I walked out with a bit of buyer's remorse but I know it will be worth it in the long run!

That about wraps up my birthday and Christmas present for the next year or two!  Now, I just hope to find some time to squeeze in those FREE photography classes in the new year!  Can't wait!

No comments: