Friday, April 2, 2010

celebrating 2 more...

today marks the birthday's of two very special people in my life...
 my mom's
and 
 my cutie patootie goddaugther miss gracie...
i am a little late on sending these out...
they are going out in the mail today!
  i made each of them
their own hand stamped personalized 
sterling silver charm necklace!
not only is it my mom's birthday but
last week she and my dad celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary!
so on one charm i handstamped...
"al (dot) evelyn"
in celebration of their special day...
and the other
"a loved lola"
lola means grandma in the filipino language.


gracie is my goddaughter
who lives far far away from us 
now that we've moved from california to "norf carowhina".
the kids and i miss that little girl dearly because
she was like their baby sistah...
in her little babyhood days i use to take care of the munchkin
and together she and i would go pick up the 
kids from school...
and when they would see her they would come a running...
squealing "GRACIE!"
ahhhhh, miss those days
she is now a big girl!
and in honor of this special lola/mom and my goddaughter...
1 loveLee blogger friend will receive this necklace...
92/365 flickr project365
to enter:

1) simpLee, follow my blog if you are not a follower already.

2) tweet or blog about this giveaway for extra entries 
(let me know via on your comment)

3) leave a comment telling me about a special person in your life.

giveaway ends friday, April 9th!
stay tuned for the winner!

lastLee, today is good friday...
the day Jesus was crucified...
i just want to share this verse with all of you

Romans 5:8

 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in


 this: While we 

were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

have a very loveLee good friday!
signature

8 comments:

Bec said...

My mom and my grandma are two of the most special people in my life. Not many people can say they are best friends with their grandma, but she is!

Unknown said...

December 14, 2009 was the last day I saw my ALMOST adopted 5 year old son. I'd had this child like 10 days being 5 years. 4 days before I was to sign the final adoption papers making him officially my SON. We'd just decorated his Christmas tree when tragedy filled our lives.. @ 11:30 that the evening 2 cops and a woman appeared at my front door. It was my son's birth mother wanting him back. I'm devistated as you can only imagine. I nurtured this child from a newborn his untimely removal from my life has been devistating. It's like a death. I miss him more than words can say. I need something with Taran Cole's name on it to hold close to my heart, until I get him back. I've hired lawyers to assist me in bringing my son back to the only Mother and home he'd ever known. Taran Cole, is a special need's child and he's with a complete stranger. He was the light of my life. I went through brain cancer when Taran was just 9 months old. I moved everything to the floor so that I could continue to care for my "angel" when I came back home from the hospital. Although the surgery was bad, he made my recovery worth ever ounce of pain I suffered. I never wanted this child to ever feel left alone. He's brought so much joy to my life. I spent his entire life teaching him everything I could imagine. I'd got him the help he needed very early on and he was making great strides. I've missed his 5th birthday, Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, St. Patricks Day, and tomorrow is my birthday, without him. Easter is next. As sad and traumatic as all of this is, I'm holding tight to my faith in God that he will bring us both thru this ordeal. This tragedy is one of the worst thing's I've ever suffered through in my life. Right now I'm so sadden by the fact I don't hear his precious laugh and voice thru the hallways of my home tonight. Please keep my precious angel in your prayers tonight. He need's to be back home safe with his true mother.
Blessings--Robin--
I will be tweeting your contest on my twitter account under OrganicSpaBar

Small Burst said...

Congratulation to your parents. Wow, 43 years! The Lola necklaces is beautiful. This makes me miss my mom and dad so they would have to be the special someones. My kids call them Lolo and Lola too.

Carey said...

Those necklaces are beautiful! I'm already a follower and would love to win! Happy Birthday to the happy girls!

jozen said...

oh, i am so glad that i didn't miss out on this!! those necklaces are beautiful!

the special person in my life would have to be my mom. she is my saving grace. i didn't realize how much she had to sacrifice for us when we were younger. she moved here from the philippines when she was only 22 years old, toting a 2 year old (me) to start a life her in canada. my dad and her left everything and everyone they knew, in order for me and my sisters to have a better life.

she is the greatest mother in the world and she is an even greater lola who spoils my 2 girls to no end.

thank you so much for this lovely giveaway!

jozpascual(at)hotmail(dot)com

jozen said...

tweeted it!

http://twitter.com/lolasgirl

jozen said...

i am a follower!

love your blog :)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oh love this, do you make them? It's really pretty! oh yes you make them! (just checked your esty store!) well done, the personalized discs are fab! Love it! Im a follower, so happy we have found each other xo