Sunday, December 27, 2009

Inspired...

I have been inspired by the Julie/Julia project blog.  If you have not seen the movie, I highly recommend it. So I have been pondering on challenging myself to do the same.  I totally related to Julie, wanting to start something and finishing it to the end, because more often than not, like her, the end never comes around. Sad, but true. Oh, and NO, I will not be cooking 524 recipes in 365 days from Julia Childs "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" cookbook! Cooking is most definitely not my forte, but I do enjoy eating and I am a big foodie @ heart.


Before watching the movie I was already pondering on participating in the Flickr: Project 365 (to take and upload 1 pic a day) because for my birthday/Christmas present my family gave me a Nikon DSLR. It's a sweet little thing. So, I've decided that my project will be to incorporate 365 days of photos and blogging because in the end of 2010, umm, more like Jan of 2011, I am going to turn my blog into this. Another inspiration to take on this challenge!


Featuring my friend Amy and blogger...
Click on Amy's link to check out her blog entry.


Pretty amazing huh? Thanks Amy for sharing!
I also found another site that does the same at Blog2Print.


I am a memory-holic and I take pictures up the ying yang.  It truly annoys my kids :-). I love the idea of scrapbooking but I don't do it, so a gazillion of my pictures are on CD or in my computers hard drive. Journaling with a pen and paper again is not one of my strong points, hence the reason for starting and attempting blogging back in 2006. Typing on a keyboard is 10x faster and easier! Pictures, thoughts, and random ramblings of 2010 published in a book seems like a wonderful goal and a challenge I could probably do, because I know it will be priceless in the end. LOL! That's if I get there.


If you would like to see my progress in this journey, enter your email address located on the right of my blog to get updates on my posts...Lord knows for sure that I am going to need a lot of accountability/encouragement to take this to the end.  Comments would be greatly appreciated :-). 

OR would you like to take on this challenge yourself?
New Year's resolution perhaps???  
Start a blog! Yes, you can do it!


So here we go, borrowing and taking on Flickr: Project 365 and incorporating that with my thoughts is going to be a HUGE undertaking for me especially the blogging part, updating with any semblance of regularity, is somewhat outrageously, well, impossible for me, as you can tell by how much I have posted in the past year.  I have more discarded drafts that you can imagine. Seriously! Oh well (sigh). And to put more pressure on myself, I am pondering on posting this entry on facebook.  YIKES!


365 days, 365 (or more) of photos and thoughts, one random girl with her new Nikon DSLR, her Casio Exilim point and shoot camera in purse at all times and her macbook...



How far will it go? 


We can only wait. And wait. And wait…..


1 Random Girl's Project: 365: 2010. Coming soon to our world of cyberspace!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl. I did watch the movie and admire your undertaking....I'm already tired for you :) Glad

Shirley said...

You are amazing! I wish I could do this but I barely have enough energy to check my e-mail each day! :) Can't wait to see this!