Monday, May 9, 2011

hello monday...

i had a most loveLee mother's day yesterday...
breakfast in bed...
and a bouquet of flowers...
 and my most favorite...
handmade cards from my kids written with wonderful
words of appreciation for me...
i laughed and cried...
laughed at some of the things they mentioned in them...
good times, great times...
and i cried...
because sometimes i wonder am i a good mother?
am i influencing my kids lives in a positive and Christ like way?
because often times i just fall short of my own expectations 
of the mother i want to be.
but when my kids write and tell me...
"i want to thank you for being the best mom ever,
and sometimes it may not seem like it but i love you and 
appreciate everything you do for me.  you are amazing and
i don't know what i would do without you.
i know we have our arguments...
 lots of them...
but we always seem to get over it.  
i wouldn't be the same if i didn't have you.
i will always love you more than you will ever know.
your the best and i thank God for having the best mom ever"
your middle child,
ba bling
"you are an amazing mother even though
i don't show it you are 
kind, loving, and da bomb dig-idy!
i love and appreciate you so much...
you are the best mom anyone could ask for!"
bubbles
words of affirmation...
so thankful and blessed to know that...
maybe i'm not doing that bad of a job at mothering...
as difficult as it gets at times...
i
it's definitely a job and a journey
that i am honored and privileged to have.
to be a mom...
i couldn't ask for anything more or anything less.
signature

7 comments:

Anne Eurose said...

Beautiful, Alely! I'm totally insecure about this wonderful role as well...and it's only the beginning for me. I just pray that these children God has trusted us with will grow up knowing and loving Him, and will do their best to glorify His name.

simplyvonne said...

your kids are so sweet! Happy mother's day to you dear! I cant wait for the day when Kaylee can make me a card too :)

Unknown said...

Your kids are the best Alely.. It really shows how you are raising them. Be there no doubt in your mind now that you are a Great mom! I love those hand-made cards too.. Looks like you had the best mother's day! I'm so glad you did.. : )

Lindsey said...

You have a gorgeous family. Happy Mothers Day :)

stephanie said...

oh i just love this. what sweet words from your kiddies! i'm sure you are an AMAZING mother. sometimes i think we are just too hard on ourselves! so sweet that you got breakfast in bed too! xo

City Life to Ranching Wife said...

reading these made me cry. What beautiful words from your children and what a beautiful family. I don't have children, but this reminded me of my mother and the love I have for her.

Jen said...

I agree homemade cards are the best!!! Glad it was great!