Thursday, February 17, 2011

bunting banner a-making...

i'm still working on organizing my creative space area.  i know it's taking a while but i'm almost there.  i've been wanting to make a bunting banner for my creative space but i just didn't know what i wanted to make it out of.  did i want to sew and make one out of fabric? or did want to make one out of scrapbook paper? i had plenty of both but i also had plenty of home decorating magazines and i thought hey what about pages from my fave mags?
so this afternoon that's exactly what i made my bunting banner out of.  i may have mentioned this in a past post long ago and that is i'm a pack rat when it comes to home decorating magazines.  i save them all...pottery barn, better homes and gardens, southern living, country living, real simple...
i keep them in the living room, in my bedroom, in the family room, in the bathrooms and the guest room. i even dog ear pages that inspire me so that i can refer back to them.  
so here's what i did...i ripped out a few pages from some of them.  made a triangle template and started cutting away.
picked out this yarn from my yarn stash, used my hole puncher to punch two holes in each triangle piece and threaded the yarn through them.
so here's the final bunting banner made from the collection of my magazines.  cute eh?  oh, and yes that's just a little part of the creative space that i'm still slowly and surely re-organizing.

giveaways

hope your thursday has been loveLee!
signature

15 comments:

Jess Roy said...

What a good idea!! I save all the Anthro catalogs I receive and now I finally have a use for them! :)

jozen said...

ooohhh.... i so love!

Elisse said...

Yes! Excellent idea to use your favorite mags to create your bunting banner! It looks fantastic on your wall :) Thank you for sharing :)

Megan said...

Aw, I love this! I love reusing my magazines in anyway I can (like wrapping paper) and this is so cute.

Meggy from Chasing Davies

Stop by my blog to enter my $100 Shopbop.com Giveaway!!

Jane B. said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by today! Love your magazine banner...so cute! So fun to see a blogger from Charlotte, there aren't too many of us.

Jane
Finding Fabulous

Lori said...

These are cute! What a great way to use some old magazines! Thanks for sharing!! :-)

Sandy a la Mode said...

this is sooooooo cute girl!! great job!! :)

Anonymous said...

this is such a great idea! I wish I was more crafty!! I hope I will be one day!! xoxo

Debbie~ said...

Looove it! I just made a pennant banner for my new little Grandson's baby shower! There's a picture of it in my blog about Rubber Ducky's! If you have a minute come check it out! Thanks for sharing! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

That's a fabulous idea! Love it!
Thanks so much for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party! Always nice to see a new face!

carissa said...

um, LOVE LOVE this!!!! it's so easy AND completely FAB! i'm going to use this idea for Sage's 1st birthday party in june. thank YOU!

Becky said...

cute bunting idea!

Megan Gunyan said...

Very nice! You can totally change this around to what inspires you for the moment, too! Love it. Can't wait to see the rest of your "creative space." Love that name!

carissa said...

i'm including this in a post for tomorrow called "pretty party papers!" : )

Excell Print said...

Hi, I visit your blogs and read your content. Your content and blogs are very nice. Banners printing is using big quantity in New York City. I am very impressed your services.