Monday, April 5, 2010

you capture: feet



this week you capture is being hosted by kelli!
and this weeks theme is
feet!
the picture below was shot early this afternoon in my backyard.
i did my best to make everything around my feet pretty
because my feet are so NOT pretty and as you can tell i purposely
blurred my feet.
95/365 flickr project365
the next few pictures were taken a few years ago 
but they are my most favorite pictures of feet ever
and since we're on the subject of feet
i thought i would share them with all of you.
these were taken on the beach on one of the hawaiian islands called maui.
the girls were both dressed in their keiki hula outfits...
(keiki...pronounced "kay-key" is the hawaiian word for baby, child, children)
as part of their costumes
they wore maile haku anklets.
miss bling's feet are on the left and miss girly's on the right.

psalm 119:105
"thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto thy path." 

signature

4 comments:

Jennifer Young said...

so lovely. i love feet :)
j.

Anonymous said...

great pictures and great verse!! :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

i've never heard of You Capture, but it seems like a fun project! i LOVE that picture of your feet in the first pic... i don't think i have any good feet pics, maybe i should try and take some but i'll need a pedicure first! =P

Sharon Lei said...

Beautiful photos! :) Did you all have a great time in Maui! The weather was so beautiful today!

Good luck with your skirt... can't wait to see it. I hope to get to some sewing projects tomorrow!

xx Love & Aloha